Can I have a bite of the big hot dog Daddy?
We celebrated the weekend by spending some time in Madison with Ivy and her Mom and Dad and her Grandpa and Grandma Kurdylo and Auntie Christine who are visiting here from Virginia. Madison was celebrating its BRAT FEST - Ivy got to see the BIG Clydesdale horses and enjoyed the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile.....
After a stop at Trader Joe's for some wine , Ivy danced a little jig on top of a box of wine.
On Monday the weekend turned to more somber duties - here are (L-R) Orlin, my brother Dick, and Orlin's brother, Dan, just before the Memorial Day services at the Buffalo City Cemetery.
After services at four local cemeteries, it was time for lunch and my annual Bloody Mary with beer chaser at the Golden Frog in Ft. City. It's a meal in itself - and afterward I reward myself even more with a relaxing afternoon nap. Hmm, I look a little disheveled - this was the FIRST and LAST drink for me - REALLY!!
Thank you to all our veterans and especially to those who gave the biggest sacrifice of all. Have a safe holiday.
Nicely done post Mom, getting all the highlights!
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos.
I'm forgetting what blue skies and sunny days look like.